Circa along time ago, I was a user of Usenet. Without getting into pedantic, semantic hoopla here – Usenet was the original place where people of all walks of life could congregate in a digital sphere and share ideas, debate, information – with no monetary incentive or motivation. Curiosity brought people together. Things I found back then:
- Electronic music scene
- Strength & conditioning routines
- Forums on all types of subject matter
- Commentary on current events
- Opinions on our ecology(ie society, economy, etc)
- Predictions for the future
- Unpopular political dissent
- Brainstorming of cool technology ideas
- Experiences traveling around the world
- Learning TCP/IP protocols
- Discover esoteric literature and art
- The most witty fucking one liners ever
- Essays, papers, dissertations – whatever – about all kinds of stuff.
The information superhighway has devolved into a cesspool of dishonest harmony powered by revenue stream motivation. Manipulated Goolag search results, tampered Faceberg news feeds, Shitter having become a place where the blue check mark mafia of “journalists” that have subsistent investigative core competencies (perhaps they DO have a knack for discovery however they would lose their livelihood if they weren’t simply mouthpieces of their employers) – yet they regurgitate politically correct platitudes and ordinary people get sucked into the pozzed-up malfeasance of YOU KNOW WHO.
This is a place I simply appreciate what others have written, or drawn, or video’d – whatever. I enjoy sharing it.
Perhaps I could take the time to categorize and compartmentalize a new blog soon.